Prepare for the Weekend
Hell Dorado might be your best bet for a new life, but it's a far cry from the civilized society of today. At game the only amenities available are a set of bathrooms and primitive camp showers. You will need to bring:
- Gallon of water a day (keep in mind there is no running water)
- Tent (there are no buildings to sleep in)
- Extra pairs of socks
- Sleeping bag (and pillow)
- Food (in genre-appropriate containers, mason jars are great!)
- Insect repellent
- Sun screen
- Change of clothes (especially socks!)
- Black pants and a black shirt for your NPC shift (see more info below)
Game begins around 8pm on Friday and runs continuously until 12pm Sunday of the event. Check the Events Calendar for information about the location and dates of upcoming events.
You'll also want to pre-register for the event here. Pre-registration for the event ends at midnight the Sunday before the event. You can also purchase the event on-site, however pre-registration allows you to arrive to site before 5pm. On-site registration opens at 5pm.
When you pre-register, you'll provide a password to be used for your check-in. Checking-in allows our staff to enter your character in our database before the event, and provides you with priority registration to get into the game more quickly the night of the event.
Once you provide the password, our logistics team will reach out to you via email and assist with check-in. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to us via facebook here.
night of the event
Once you've packed all of your items, you're off to to event! Here's an idea of what your night would look like:
- You'll be met by a large gate that may be locked. Not to worry! If it's locked, please give us a call here and we'll let you in: (951) 809-1091
- You can park in the lots on your right along the road (next to the large tree) - please park next to other vehicles as the lot will get full quickly.
- You CAN drive your car into the town to set up your camp! Please park your vehicle back in the lot before the game begins around 8pm.
- You can head to registration in the back of the town.
Here, you'll be met by our staff members who can help assist with locations to set up your tent, create your character, test your weapons, and provide assistance with any other questions regarding this event!
When you register for the event, you'll be assigned a designated "NPC (Non-Playable Character) Shift". This shift is an opportunity for you to be a part of the Dystopia Rising world and help tell our story. Each player is required to participate in a four hour NPC shift per event. You'll dress in your black shirt and pants, and meet at our NPC Camp (this is near #3 in the map above). During that time, our staff will assign you a role, whether that's a zombie searching for fresh meat or a merchant traveling through town they'll guide you on how to help make Dystopia Rising a truly living and breathing world. You'll always be accompanied by a staff member if you have any questions.